Exposure XM7 Pre-Amplifier
Exposure XM7 pre-amplifier is one of the finest compact components available today. Hand built in England, it is fully featured and continues a long line of award winning Exposure products.
Designed by Tony Brady, the new XM7 was built with the modern audiophile in mind. USB, optical and BNC inputs (typically used in a studio environment) are converted through the high resolution DAC. A quality MM phono-stage will please the most demanding vinyl lover and the discreet headphone amplifier is powerful enough to drive the most demanding headphones. A fixed AV input has been added for use with a home theatre amplifier and everything is powered by a toroidal power supply that could easily drive a power amplifier. There is nothing else like it in this price range.
Perfectly paired with the Exposure XM9 mono amplifiers
or other components from the XM Series
, the XM7 is the perfect solution for audiophiles in a confined space or those looking for a more discreet solution than a full sized component. The soundstage, timing and musical trademark of Exposure continue the 40 year history of this superb British audio brand.
Pre Amplifier Output (input sensitivity / impedance / S/N):
- AV input fixed level : 450mV @ 1KHz > 12K ohms S/N > 95dB
- AUX/PH input MM : 2.5mV @ 1KHz, 47K ohms S/N > 73dB
- Frequency Response : +/-0.5dB 50Hz-20KHz. High pass roll off -1.5dB @ 20Hz
- AUX 2 input line : 350mV @ 1KHz > 14K ohms S/N output gain x3.75, +11.5dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion : <0.005% at 1KHz : @ 1.3V RMS output
- Frequency Response : 20Hz - 20KHz +/- 0.5dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio ref 1.3V RMS Output : 1KHz >92dB
- Channel Separation @ 20KHz : >60dB
- SPDIF inputs BNC Coax & Optical : 32 - 192KHz @ 16-24 bits
- Total Harmonic Distortion : <0.005% at 1KHz @ 1.3V RMS output
- Signal to Noise Ratio ref 1.3V RSM Output : 1KHz : >98dB
- USB input : Linear PCM 44K1 - 192KHz @ 16-24 bits DSD x64 (DoP) Asynchronous transfer from host
- Output Impedance : 10 ohms
- Maximum Level into 33 ohms : @ 1KHz & 0.1% THD : 5V RMS
- Total Harmonic Distortion : @ 2V output, 1KHz : <0.03%
- Maximum Level into 330 ohms : @ 1KHz & 0.1% THD : 8V RMS
- Total Harmonic Distortion : @ 2V output, 1KHz : <0.01%
- Mains Supply : 110/120V or 220/240V @ 50/60Hz (factory set)
- Power Consumption : <25W
- Dimensions (WxHxD) : 218mm x 89mm x 363mm (inc knob)
- Net Weight (unpacked) : 5kg
- Gross Weight (packed) : 6kg
- Connect the matching half chassis mono power amps for a modern take on a legacy design. Ideal for those with a small space or looking for a discreet solution.