Exposure XM9 Mono Power Amplifiers
The Exposure XM9 mono power amplifiers are compact, high current amplifiers and sold as a pair. The XM9's deliver a continuous 80 watts mono into 8 ohms and have plenty of reserve power for driving even difficult speakers.
If you are looking for speed, improved soundstage and superior control in a diminutive size, look no further. Exposure's trademark sound has been described as a "tube like" quality with the impact and bass extension that only a quality solid state amplifier can deliver.
Designed by Tony Brady and building on the heritage of Exposure's founder, John Farlowe, the XM9 amplifiers are the perfect choice for stereo or multi-amping in combination with an active crossover, additional power when bi-amping or on their own in stereo.
RCA inputs provide the flexibility to connect to any pre-amplifier like the matching Exposure XM7. Banana or BFA ends (hollow banana) plug directly into the speaker terminals and provide a solid connection for use with any speaker wire including bulky high end speaker cables. Bi-wiring from the dual speaker outputs is also possible.
The custom built toroidal power supplies have been designed for uncompromising performance that will challenge full sized models handily. The high quality aluminum enclosure and faceplate help reduce EMI and stray RF signals as well as dissipate heat so they run warm, not hot. Hand made in England, care goes into making every component to the highest possible standard.
Power Output (1KHz) : 80 watts per channel into 8 ohms
- Total Harmonic Distortion : @ 1KHz, rated power : <0.005%
- Frequency Response : 20Hz - 20KHz +/-0.5dB
- Input Sensitivity, Unbalanced ref 1KHz & rated output : 1.6V RMS
- Gain : Unbalanced input x16, 24dB @ 1KHz
- Input Impedance, Unbalanced : >77K ohms
- Signal to Noise, Unbalanced, ref 1KHz & rated output : >95dB
- Mains Supply : 110/120V or 220/240V @ 50/60Hz (factory set)
- Power Consumption : 200W
- Dimensions (WxHxD) : 218mm x 89mm x 363mm (inc knob)
- Net Weight (unpacked) : 5kg
- Gross Weight (packed) : 6kg