Exposure XMCD CD player is a half-chassis, award-winning component that can be operated as a player using the internal DAC via analogue outputs or transport via the high-resolution BNC or optical outputs. Made in England, the top-loading mechanism includes a machined magnetic clamp which holds the CD flat to reduce errors.
A high-resolution DAC provides flexibility for users with a direct connection to any analogue amplifier that does not have a DAC built-in. Those incorporating an external DAC or who prefer to utilize the DAC from their pre-amplifier or integrated amplifier can benefit by connecting the digital outputs from optical or high-resolution BNC to Coaxial inputs.
Exposure has implemented advanced engineering to produce the optimum sound quality from its design, including a crystal clock reference and dedicated power supply regulator for the transport and audio stages, ensuring low jitter performance.
A large toroidal power transformer has separate windings for the CD transport mechanism and audio stages, and the all-aluminum casework and extruded front panel help to control unwanted resonance. The CD display can be turned off using the supplied remote control.
Paired with the spectacular XMHP headphone/preamplifier and a pair of the XM9 monoblock amplifiers, the XM system delivers power and sublime musicality in a compact British-made design.
- PCM 1716 24-bit DAC fitted to provide very high resolution
- Optimized as a transport using a t mechanism
- CD display can be turned off using the remote for improved sound quality
- Highly optimized audio output circuitry with multiple stages of supply regulation
- Large toroidal power transformer with separate windings for CD transport mechanism and audio stages
- Employment of a high-stability crystal clock reference and dedicated, power supply regulator for the transport and audio stages to ensure l performance
- High-quality double-sided PCBs for optimum layout and screening
- A casework and extruded front panel to control resonance and stray electro-magnetic fields
- Remote control
Output Level : 2V RMS
Frequency Response : 20Hz - 20KHz ± 0.25dB
Total Harmonic Distortion : 0.008%, 20Hz - 20KHz, 0dBFs
Signal to Noise Ratio: 100dB, A weighted
Digital Outputs: SP/DIF, Coaxial and “Toslink” Optical
- Mains Supply : 110/120V or 220/240V @ 50/60Hz (factory set)
- Power Consumption : 15W
- Dimensions (WxHxD) : 218mm x 94mm x 348mm
- Net Weight (unpacked): 4kg
- Gross Weight (packed): 5kg